Skip to main content

I almost got a Heart Attack

Today I almost got a heart attack.




I  took my laptop from the shelf and left it on my bed. Then I went to switch the router on or something else I do not exactly remember.

That shouldn't have taken me more than 5 secs after I kept that lappy on my bed, but by that time I completely forgot about that.


I stretched my arm towards the shelf where I keep my lappy. I was not looking at it because my eyes were busy with something else (I always overestimate my brains capacity for multi-tasking).

No, my hand didn't bump up on something else, they reached the exact location where I keep my lappy, but it was not there.

I felt an abrupt occurrence of a void inside me. It was there for not more than a minute but it was so huge that I couldn't even breath. I felt a lack of oxygen in my blood, A cold wave went from top to bottom of my body.

And, stupid me, was looking for it frantically everywhere else but my bed, I was searching for it so madly as if there wasn't much time remaining before I die of not able to find that piece of shit.


Fortunately, I made it, I hopelessly looked towards my bed and the hope was right there. And guess what? - I didn't have to die anymore.


I plugged the LAN cable on my lappy as the WIFI doesn't work. And waited for few seconds, then opened the browser, and there was not any internet connection.

I was about to get mad, but the fresh memory of previous stupidity made me calm down and look if I have done any other mistake. It turns out, well, it is not completely my mistake.

The internet provider gave me two separate devices to have A ONE, SINGLE internet connection and they freaking occupy two sockets of my room.



I forgot to switch one of them on.



So, that is not all my mistake! I did remember to switch one of them on and forgot the other one. So, there, 50% of the mistake was mine. I feel there is an injustice in the system, as I am the one only who has to get through all the punishment. I had to take my butt off the bed and go to the socket, press the switch to come back on the bed, wait for few more seconds to get the internet connection on.

Anyway, I got the connection and now typing this. And in addition to that...

...I am still trying figure out when have I kept my laptop on the bed? Or, is there someone else in my room???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beggars

This is a thought I had two days ago (18th June). Not very special yet I had to share it because I have found that blogging is one easiest way to feel little productive and less bad about myself. I jotted down the whole thought with some random words so that I do not forget it. But writing everything properly is not so pleasing. I get distracted by anything in the world and postpone the whole thing. Well, the point of writing this paragraph is to tell you that this time I got distracted with something good, I discovered that one of the best sitcoms Mind Your Language is available on YouTube . Let's move to the actual thought I had. Again this is just a thought of mine, and I am no expert in here. You can read this article on whether you should help beggars or not, I found in quick Google search. All it started when I saw a Muslim beggar asking for some food when I was collecting my lunch from the mess, I could not give him as I was not the owner. Though I could give min

I am a Champion too

Here's a motivational post from Allie Brosch . It helped me feel less bad about myself. I just realised that I am always underestimating myself. I am not bragging but also I win daily, I am actually thriving at winning. Even I win so many times that winning has become so normal to me. But what happens is when you win that many times and winning becomes very natural, your brain starts to completely ignore it. And then even after winning so many things you start to be depressed of doing nothing with your life and start thinking yourself a huge looser. So I started counting on it again and I'm writing this to remind myself how much I win every day and to show Allie who is the Champion . So, I win every day. I win at everything you possibly can imagine. I win if I wake up before 10 and get to eat my breakfast (I stay as a paying guest, here we do not get breakfast after that). When I wake up in the morning and find no strain on any part of my body - I win. I win f